Being a powerful wake-up drink, coffee is an essential food for our daily regimen. It is equally good for both- health and beauty. Coffee contains caffeine that has anti-inflammatory properties that help to heal the skin wounds. Besides, it is also a powerful antioxidant that prevents signs of aging, such as wrinkles, fine lines, etc. Coffee has an abrasive texture that sloughs off dead skin cells and gives your skin a radiant glow. Coffee scrub is equally effective. The blend of coffee and sugar in this scrub helps to create a softer, smoother, and younger looking skin.
How Sugar Scrubs Help Your Skin
Sugar scrubs make use of sugar, their active ingredient, to fully remove dead skin cells from your body in a safe manner.
Since sugar dissolves rather easily, the crystals do not stay sharp enough to hurt you on application, instead rounding at the edges as you rub them into your skin. As dead skin cells are removed, your pores are opened up, helping to keep certain skin conditions (like acne and folliculitis) at bay.
Sugar also holds onto water quite well, aiding in moisturizing your skin deeply. To top it all off, sugar even contains glycolic acid, which helps your skin more in multiple ways.
- ½ cup coffee
- ½ cup sugar (brown or granulated)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1 tbsp salt
About the Ingredients
1. Coffee : Benefits of coffee have been discussed above.
2. Sugar : Excellently exfoliates skin while removing dead skin cells and improving the overall tone and texture of the skin.
3. Olive Oil : Olive oil has therapeutic and moisturizing properties for it deeply nourishes the skin while creating a glow.
4. Coconut Oil : It has anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, anti-septic qualities, and besides that, it soothes the skin irritations and cures them.
5. Salt : Salt is another exfoliating agent that cleanses and removes dead skin cells with the help of it micro-granulating crystals.
Method of Preparation
Step#1 : Mix together coffee, sugar and salt. Mix them thoroughly until they get completely combined.
Step#2 : Now, add olive oil and coconut oil and mix together all the ingredients. Transfer the contents into a clean jar and make sure that you have taken an air tight jar.
Apply it on your face and body once or twice a week, as per your needs.
DIY homemade coffee sugar scrub is ready!!!!!!