According to medical experts and nutritionists, there is an optimum weight condition, which is in proportion to your height. When the fat content of your body exceeds the normal values, it tends to make you overweight. This condition occurs when you consume more food without working out or burning energy, present in your body. Today, obesity has become nothing less than an epidemic as it has affected millions of people throughout the globe. Overweight leads to other noticeable problems in the body. However, you can shed your extra pounds with the help of home remedies.
- Consuming alcohol in large quantities
- Genetic disorders
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Stress, tension, and depression
- Intake of junk foods, like pizza, burgers and flour
- Hormonal imbalance, like hypothyroidism
- Lack of sleep
- Certain medications
- Lack of exercise
There are no particular signs and symptoms of obesity. But, it leads to the following problems:
- Excessive sweating
- Difficulty in breathing
- Pain in joints and back
- Tiredness in doing any physical work or activity
- Difficulty sleeping
- Higher value of BMI (Body Mass Index)
- Long term problems include problems, like high cholesterol, hypertension, and acute heart diseases
- Enlarged body parts, like enlarged waist, calves, thighs, or saggy breasts in case of women
Home Remedies for Weight Loss
Here are some home remedies for weight loss at home.
1. Honey and Lemon
Honey and lemon together work wonders for controlling the body weight. Take a glass of lukewarm water. Add a tsp of honey, 3 tbsp of lemon juice and a pinch of black pepper to it. Mix it well and drink it on an empty stomach, every morning. It acts as a natural weight loss drink.
2. Green Tea
Green tea is a powerful antioxidant that burns the stubborn and rigid fats, if consumed regularly. To have the real benefits from it, drink it without sugar.
3. Bottle Gourd
Bottle Gourd is rich in fibers and has zero fat content. Moreover, it keeps your stomach filled for hours while keeping it soothed. You can consume it in the liquid form, like juice, or even cook a vegetable out of it.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has been proven to benefit in weight loss. Mix apple cider vinegar with water. Consume it every morning and see, how it works to make you get rid of unwanted fats.
Parsley is an excellent feed for your kidneys as it detoxifies them while keeping them healthy. It is also superb for your stomach as well it soothes and gives your stomach a fuller feeling. So, it is an excellent method to cut down on calories and burn fat in your body.
Cranberries are an excellent source of vitamin C and great antioxidants that not only helps to prevent the formation of free radicals, but also keep a check on your weight. Consume cranberry juice on a regular basis for miraculous results.
Eat lots and lots of cabbage as it contains tartaric acid that prevents sugar and carbs from getting converted into fats. Eating a bowl plentiful of cabbage will help you to burn fats from the stubborn areas, like bellies and thighs.
It is a natural substance that is found in chili peppers and is responsible for speeding up metabolism and plummeting fat tissues, simultaneously. It also regulates and keeps a check on your appetite, thus making you eat less.
It’s an age old practice that has been going on since ages, and it is proven to cure almost every ailment of the body. Yoga is extremely beneficial in weight loss as with the help of its postures and asanas, you can target the particular section(s) of your body and reduce weight without much hassle. It is highly effective even in removing the fat that has got accumulated for long-long years.
10. Finger Millets (Ragi)
Ragi is a rich source of iron, calcium, phosphorous, vitamin B1 and B2. It curbs your appetite. Eat chapattis made up of ragi to get effective results.
11. Jujube Leaves (Indian Plum)
Soak some jujube leaves in water. Let it stay soaked for overnight. In the morning, drink this water on an empty stomach. Use this remedy continuously for one month. It will certainly reduce your weight.
Drink plenty (at least 8 glasses) of water on the daily basis as water has electrolytes that aide in reducing weight.
Eat 1 or 2 tomatoes in breakfast. It will help you to keep your body weight under check.
Cucumber contains 90% water and is helpful in breaking fat cells. So, eat lots of cucumber. It’s a natural remedy for weight loss.
Carrot is also a good remedy for losing extra flab. Drink a glass of carrot juice as the first thing in the morning. You can also take carrot in other forms like chopped carrot with mixed salad, raw carrot and cooked carrot as vegetables. It will definitely reduce the extra fat.
If you are on dieting, peach is an ideal fruit to take. One peach comprises of 68 calories and no fat. Eat a large peach on the daily basis to lose weight.
For quick weight loss, have papaya on an empty stomach, early in the morning. Besides keeping your weight under check, it also helps in removing gastric problems.
18. Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds are one of the best herbal remedies for weight loss. Sip on a cup of fennel seed tea 15 minutes before having a heavy meal. It will help to curb your appetite.
Homeopathic Medicines for Weight Loss
Some of the homeopathic medications that are efficacious in burning fat inside the body are:
1. Fucus Vesiculosus 6C
This medicine accelerates the process of burning of fat tissues, thereby reducing the weight.
2. Phytolacca mother tincture
It speeds up the metabolic rate and diminishes the body weight.
3. Calcarea carb
It is effective against flabby muscles, sluggish muscles and excess hunger.
It is used for suppressing sugar cravings and improving poor fat metabolism.
Other homeopathic treatments for obesity are Graphites, Natrum muriaticum, Phytolacca, Nux vomica, Natrum sulphur, Thyroidinum, Antimonium crudum, etc.
- Make exercise a part of your daily regimen. Work-out or a simple walk for at least 30 minutes in a day helps in curbing the weight.
- Always eat healthy and nutritious food. Consume food that is low in calories and high in fibers, minerals, and nutrients, such as fruits, green vegetables, salads, lentils, etc.
- Sleep properly and in a timely manner.
- Intake plenty of fluids, including fruit juices and water.
- Avoid junk foods as it is the root of all the body problems.
- Reduce ‘sit’ time in your daily routine and get into something laborious or physical activity.
- Try to keep yourself free from stress and tensions.
- Monitor your weight on a regular basis, so that you can have a check on your weight, constantly.
- Never skip meals.
- Eat slowly taking small chunks of food in the mouth and not gulping it all at once.
- Allow sufficient time in between your meals from brunch to lunch to dinner.
- Don’t go to bed just after having a meal.