We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Kidney stone is a result of collection of calcium oxalate in the kidney. The kidney stones are tiny in size initially, but they can increase to the size of a tennis ball. Sometimes, these stones get accumulated in the ureter, creating troubles in the flow of urine and agonizing pain. Kidney stones, if left not cured on time, may lead to kidney failure.
- Lack of calcium supplements
- High blood pressure (uncontrolled)
- Unbalanced diet
- Lack of water
- Kidney diseases
- Bowel diseases
- Unbearable pain in the back and side
- Pain and inflammation while urinating
- Vomiting and nausea
- Blood in urine
- Urge of urinating more often
- Feeling feverish or feel like puking
- Unable to sit still
- Foul smell in urine
Home Remedies for Kidney Stones
In comparison to women, men are at the more risk of developing kidney stones. In order to remove kidney stones naturally, here are some home remedies.
In order to remove kidney stone, drink plenty of water. Drinking water will help to pass out the kidney stone.
Figs can be very helpful, when it comes to kidney stone. Take two figs and boil them in a cup of water. Drink boiled fig water in the morning for 1 month.
Take 1 table spoon of basil juice and mix it with 1 tbsp honey. Take this mixture daily in the morning for at least 3 to 4 months.
Apple helps a lot in removing almost all the diseases from our body. Therefore, eat apples twice a day.
Watermelon contains 91% of water. Eat it or drink the watermelon’s juice. It is very good in kidney stones.
6. Radish Leaves
Radish leaves are a very good source for providing vitamin B6. Drink 1 cup juice of fresh radish leaves, two times a day.
7. Kidney Beans
Boil 60 gm kidney beans in 4 litres of water for 4 to 5 hours. Now, strain the liquid and allow it cool, naturally. Drink one glass of kidney beans juice in every 2 hours. Do not use this liquid after 24 hours.
8. Horse Gram Powder
Boil half litre of water and add 1 cup horse gram in it. Boil till the mixture reduces to its 1/5 part. Strain the boiled mixture and add 2 tablespoon of crushed pomegranate. Drink this prepared soup, once a day.
9. Lemon Juice
Drink 2-3 glasses of water a day, with some lemon juice in it.
10. Celery Juice
Take raw celery and squeeze fresh juice from it. This fresh celery juice will help to reduce the level of pain and provide relief.
Eat 1 whole pomegranate or drink juice of pomegranate, regularly.
12. Nettle Leaf
Nettle leaf is also known as kidney cleanser. Take 1 cup of hot water. Add 2 tablespoons of dried nettle leaf to it. Steep this water for like 10 minutes and strain it. Drink this nettle leaf tea, 2 to 3 times a day.
13. Apple Cider Vinegar
Consume 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar on the daily basis. You can drink it mixing in water.
14. Cranberry Juice
Consuming cranberry juice on a daily basis can help to dissolve the kidney stone.
15. Horsetail Tea
Horsetail tea is an herbal remedy for kidney stone. Consuming 3 to 4 cups of horsetail tea daily can be very beneficial.
16. Dandelion Root
Consuming 500 mg of dandelion root on the daily basis can be helpful. Take it twice a day.
Grape is a natural home remedy for kidney stones. Grapes can be a big help in eliminating kidney stones.
18. Lemon and Olive Oil
Take 2 ounces of organic olive oil and mix it with 2 ounces of fresh lemon juice. Drink it right away. After drinking it, drink 12 oz of water (purified). After 30 minutes, consume water, containing juice of half lemon and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. This is a superb home remedy for kidney stone pain. This herbal remedy will dissolve the renal stone in a natural way.
19. Whole Wheat Bread
Consume 2-3 slices of whole wheat bread on the daily basis. It is rich in proteins, nutrients and fiber and reduces the risk of renal stones.
20. Uva Ursi Herb
Uva ursi, also known as bearberry, has been proven to be beneficial in kidney stones. Consume 500 mg of uva ursi herb on the daily basis, twice a day.
Consume 300 mg magnesium on the daily basis.
22. Tomato Juice
Add a dash of pepper and salt in a glass of tomato juice and drink it every morning to get rid of renal stones.
Homeopathic Remedies for Kidney Stones
If you want to take help of homeopathy, you can try any of these remedies to get instant relief in pain and removing kidney stone.
1. Arnica : Arnica is consumed when the urine is dark in colour and patient experience pain while urinating. Arnica provides relief in pain.
2. Belladonna : Belladonna is consumed when the bladder is sensitive. If you find blood in urine or experience foul smell while urinating, take belladonna for relief.
3. Aconite : When patient experience blood in urine and feels hotness while urinating, aconite can be consumed for reducing the level of pain.
4. Colo cynthus : When you feel a burning sensation and extreme pain while urinating, take Colo cynthus for instant relief.
You can also take some other homeopathic remedies for kidney stones, like Cantharis, Nitric acid, Sarsaparilla, Berberis vulgaris, Ocimum canum, Lycopodium, Calcarea carbonicum, and Pennyroyal.
How to prevent kidney stones?
- Consume at least 8 to 10 glasses of water on the daily basis.
- Avoid eating too much meat and any kind of fish.
- Eat fruits, which are rich in potassium.
- DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet can be very beneficial in order to prevent kidney stones.
- Avoid adding too much salt in your diet.
- Add ACV (apple cider vinegar) and lemon juice in your beverages.
- Eat fruits and vegetables that are high in calcium, carbohydrates and citrus.
- Avoid eating non-fermented soya.
- Try to consume magnesium on the daily basis.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners.
- Do not consume alcohol frequently and in a large amount.