While the market is flooded with numerous acne-fighting products, many contain harsh chemicals that may cause dryness, irritation, or other unwanted side effects.
Fortunately, nature offers a bountiful array of ingredients that can effectively combat acne without the drawbacks of synthetic alternatives. By exploring the realm of homemade acne-fighting products, we can tap into the healing properties of natural ingredients readily available in our kitchens and gardens.
Not only are these solutions cost-effective, but they also provide a gentle and personalized approach to tackling acne concerns. In this article, we will delve into the world of DIY acne remedies, unveiling a variety of safe, effective, and easily accessible homemade treatments that can help restore your skin’s natural balance and vitality. Besides that, you’ll also get our list of 10 recommended Acne-Fighting body washes that include the exact ingredients we mention in our DIY list!
Acne On the Body
Acne, whether on the face or body, is often a result of the body’s attempt to eliminate toxins. While hormonal changes during the teenage years can contribute to acne, external factors also play a significant role. Smoking and residing in heavily polluted areas can exacerbate acne breakouts. Additionally, consuming processed foods and foods high in sugar can increase the occurrence of acne. It is important to be mindful of these factors and maintain a healthy lifestyle to help reduce the occurrence and severity of acne.
We highly recommend detoxing your liver and lungs as it will be one of the most effective home remedies you can do to get rid of your acne. Of course, you will need to maintain a healthy lifestyle after the detox.
Best Body Wash For Acne
Here’s a list of 10 ecological body washes specifically formulated for acne-prone skin, none of them contain sulfates, parabens, or artificial fragrances and most of them are vegan:
- Thayers Witch Hazel Acne Treatment Body Bar: Formulated with witch hazel extract, a natural astringent known for its acne-fighting properties.
- Alaffia African Black Soap Body Wash: This contains African black soap, which is renowned for its ability to cleanse and clarify the skin.
- Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil Cleansing Bar: A gentle soap enriched with tea tree oil, known for its antibacterial properties.
- Yes to Tomatoes Activated Charcoal Bar Soap: Contains activated charcoal to detoxify and cleanse the skin.
- SheaMoisture African Black Soap Body Wash: Formulated with African black soap, tea tree oil, and shea butter to combat acne and soothe the skin.
- Dr Woods Tea Tree Castile Soap: A versatile cleanser with organic shea butter and tea tree oil.
- Nature’s Gate Tea Tree Calming Body Wash: Features tea tree oil and lavender to soothe and purify the skin.
- Kiss My Face Pure Olive Oil Bar Soap: A simple and gentle soap made with moisturizing olive oil.
- Acure Seriously Soothing Cleansing Cream: A creamy cleanser enriched with organic argan oil and chamomile to calm and cleanse acne-prone skin.
- DERMA E Very Clear Acne Cleanser: Vegan and cruelty-free cleanser that contains salicylic acid, tea tree oil, and willow bark extract to fight acne and promote clearer skin.
Home-Made Body Washes For Acne
Regarding homemade body wash for acne, it’s important to focus on gentle, natural ingredients to help cleanse and soothe the skin without causing further irritation. Here’s a recipe for a simple and effective homemade body wash:
- 1 cup liquid castile soap (unscented or a mild scent like lavender)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup pure aloe vera gel
- One teaspoon jojoba oil or almond oil
- Ten drops of tea tree essential oil (known for its antibacterial properties)
- Five drops of lavender essential oil (known for its calming and soothing effects)
- Five drops of chamomile essential oil (known for its anti-inflammatory properties)
- Combine the liquid castile soap, raw honey, and aloe vera gel in a mixing bowl.
- Add the jojoba oil or almond oil to the mixture and stir well.
- Carefully add the tea tree, lavender, and chamomile essential oils. Mix thoroughly to ensure they are evenly distributed.
- Transfer the mixture into a clean, empty bottle with a secure lid.
- Shake the bottle gently before each use to ensure the ingredients are well combined.
- Apply a small amount of the homemade body wash onto a washcloth or loofah and lather onto damp skin.
- Massage the body wash gently over the acne-prone areas, then rinse thoroughly with water.
- After showering, pat your skin dry and follow up with a light, non-comedogenic moisturizer if needed.
This homemade body wash combines the cleansing properties of castile soap with the antibacterial benefits of tea tree oil, while honey and aloe vera help soothe and moisturize the skin. It is important to note that results may vary, and it’s always a good idea to do a patch test on a small area of your skin before using any new product to ensure you don’t have any adverse reactions.
Best Face Wash For Acne
Honey and strawberries wash
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 3 fresh strawberries
Wash your face gently, just with water and pat dry. Smash the strawberries and add honey to the mashed strawberries and blend them into a paste.
Put the paste on your face, leave it there for 25 minutes, then wash it off thoroughly with warm water. Allow it to dry naturally to avoid any bacterial contact. Then you can apply regular moisturizer
Lotion for Acne On the Body
Creating a homemade lotion for acne can provide a natural and customizable approach to addressing skin concerns. Here’s a recipe for a simple, homemade acne-fighting lotion:
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- Two tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- Ten drops of tea tree essential oil
- Five drops of lavender essential oil
- Five drops of frankincense essential oil
- In a double boiler or a heat-safe bowl placed over a pot of simmering water, melt the coconut oil and shea butter until thoroughly combined and melted.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Add the aloe vera gel to the melted mixture and stir well.
- Mix thoroughly with the tea tree, lavender, and frankincense essential oils.
- Transfer the mixture to a clean, airtight jar or container.
- Let the lotion cool completely and solidify. You can place it in the refrigerator for faster cooling.
- Once solidified, the lotion is ready to use.
It might sound contradictive to use oil on acne. However, oil fights oil and will therefore diminish the pimples. To use the homemade acne-fighting lotion, cleanse your skin with a gentle cleanser and pat it dry or use it after a shower. You don’t want to use too much lotion, so take a small amount of the lotion and warm it between your palms until it melts and massage it into the skin using gentle, circular motions. It might take a little while before all the lotion absorbs fully into the skin; use it twice in the morning and afternoon.
This homemade lotion combines the moisturizing benefits of coconut oil and shea butter with the antibacterial properties of tea tree oil. Lavender and frankincense essential oils provide additional soothing and rejuvenating effects for the skin.
What Is A Cystic Pimple?
A cystic pimple, also known as nodulocystic acne or cystic acne, is a severe form of acne that develops when the pores in the skin become clogged with excess oil, dead skin cells, and bacteria. Unlike regular pimples, cystic pimples are deeper and larger, forming painful, inflamed bumps beneath the skin’s surface.
Cystic pimples are characterized by their red, swollen appearance and can be filled with pus. They can occur anywhere on the body but are most commonly found on the face, back, and chest. Cystic acne is often chronic and may persist for weeks or even months.
This type of acne can be quite uncomfortable and can lead to scarring if not treated properly. It is important to avoid picking or squeezing cystic pimples, as this can worsen inflammation and increase the risk of scarring.
Go to the next article to read more about how to eliminate cystic pimples naturally.
Dealing With Acne
Getting severe and quick breakouts one of a sudden can be a devastating thing. So this home remedy for acne bird’s eye view can also be used as a prevention device. Apply some of these masks without restriction; they can have no harmful side effects. They are, by excellence, the best home remedies for acne one can find.
Acne scarring, dark spots, marks or severe facial spotting are some of the symptoms these natural remedies fight. What’s great about them is they are cheap, easy to make and delicious. And although pimples are widespread, there’s no point in acting as if this issue didn’t matter during an apparent breakout unless you are going through your teenage years as we speak.
Tooth Paste and green clay is a simple Home Remedy you can try for clogged pores. Just place toothpaste or clay on your fingers and directly put the paste on the pimples before bed.
In the morning, wash off the paste (clay or toothpaste) with a soft washcloth and warm water. Continue to use the paste on pimples until they are gone.
Blemishing Red Or Dark Spots
Try Lemon as a natural astringent for acne because it has vitamin C, a natural or critical acid. This cleans the pores deeply when applied. Lemon also naturally whitens your skin. You can mix lemon juice and rose water well if you have some rose water; if not, only the lemon will define. Apply it to your affected area before bed and leave it on for the night. Make sure to wash your face thoroughly the day after, and never go in the sun with lemon juice on your face. Also, wear lots of sunscreens to avoid worsening red or dark spots. Do this regularly for the best results.