We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
One of the most costly yet effective spices in the world, saffron is derived from the flowers of Saffron Crocus or Crocus Sativus. Saffron is considered to be the “Golden Spice”, which is not only used in making and cooking exotic dishes, but is also excellent for skin and health problems. The exceptional colour, zest, and various other properties of saffron provide it superb medicinal and culinary characters that make it a distinguished spice, globally.
Mostly known for including in eatables, saffron has various health benefits that make it a wonderful spice. Saffron promotes overall well-being of a person, and it contains many plant derived chemical components, which are known to thwart various diseases if used in cooking on the daily basis.
1. Anti-Depressant : The active components in saffron make it an effective spice that makes your body to relax, thus relieving depression.
2. Improves Digestion : Saffron is also considered excellent for digestion and is also a superb anti-convulsant.
3. Cell Repair and Formation : The potassium present in the saffron helps in forming cells and repairing them.
4. Cures Blood Pressure and Heart Disease : Saffron also prevents heart disease and curbs blood pressure as it is rich in potassium.
5. Menstrual Cramps : Women often use saffron as a remedy for curing for menstrual cramps and pre-menstrual syndrome.
6. Saffron for Respiratory Problems : Saffron is also an excellent spice for pacifying the problems of asthma, pertussis, cough, and to loosen phlegm.
7. Cures Insomnia : Before going to bed, drink warm milk mixed with a few strands of saffron to get good sleep. It is believed that saffron has sedative properties that can treat insomnia.
8. Reduces Gum Soreness : Massaging the gums with saffron can curb down the problem of inflammation and soreness in gums, tongue and mouth.
9. Improves Vision : Notably, saffron has also proved beneficial in curing eye-sight and cataract.
10. Cures Arthritis : Saffron has also said to be effectual in curing arthritis and joint pains because of its anti-inflammatory properties. It also eases fatigue and muscle inflammation.
11. Provides Relief from Acidity : Saffron also alleviates the troubles of acidity and gastric disorders.
12. Prevents Risk of Cancer : The anti-cancer properties of saffron prevent certain types of cancers to develop in the body.
13. Curtails Cholesterol : Saffron is believed to reduce the level of cholesterol and triglycerides in the body.
14. Promotes Memory Retention : Saffron contains certain compounds that help in promoting memory retention, learning, and recall capability of a person. It also assists in curing the problems of age related cerebral impairment.
15. Fever : Saffron consists of a compound, known as ‘crocin’, which helps in plummeting the fever.