MRSA is the short form of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, which is a highly contagious skin infection. It mainly results due to bacteria which attack the skin through a cut or a wound. People with weak immune systems are more likely to get it as their body’s ability to resist bacterial attack is weak. MRSA can result into a serious problem if not noticed; therefore, it is important to treat it as soon as possible. There are some home remedies, which can be really helpful to treat a MRSA infection.
An MRSA infection is mainly caused due to bacterial attack on the body, through cuts and wounds. Other causes are:
- Weak immune system
- Physical contact with an infected person
- Coming in contact with the objects used by an infected person, such as a towel, door handles, etc.
- Due to surgery, burns, ulcers, or any other skin outbreaks
- Excessive intake of antibiotics
- Lack of cleanliness
- Reddish pimple or a boil with pus oozing out
- Swelling in the infected area
- Pain and tenderness in the affected part
Home Remedies for MRSA
1. Manuka Honey : One of the safest and easiest natural remedies to treat MRSA at home is Manuka honey. It is not the ordinary honey, which we buy for daily use from the market, but is a special medicinal version of it. You can apply raw Manuka honey on the MRSA wound to quickly cure the infection. It is an anti-bacterial agent and provides a soothing relief to the infection.
2. Tea Tree Oil : Tea tree oil is an excellent anti-bacterial agent. Apply tea tree oil on the area, affected by a MRSA infection. This will help to heal the infection quickly.
3. Oregano Oil : Though, oregano oil results in the irritation of the skin, it can be applied on the MRSA-affected area.
4. Olive Leaf Extract : Olive leaf extract is an effective home remedy to cure an infection, caused by MRSA. It contains a compound, called oleuropein, which helps the body to fight against such infections.
5. Thyme : Thyme oil can also be used as a natural treatment for MRSA. It should be taken internally as it is quite irritating to the skin.
6. Garlic : Garlic is the best antibiotic to help cure a MRSA infection. Mash fresh garlic and use it on the infected area to quickly heal the infection.
7. Grapefruit Seed Extract : You can apply grapefruit seed extract to quickly cure the infection. It is also a good remedy to treat a MRSA infection.
8. Turmeric : As we all know that turmeric has great healing properties, it is a perfect cure for a MSRA infection too. Apply turmeric paste on the affected area to get relief from the inflammation and prevent the growth of wound due to the infection.
9. Rosemary Oil : Rosemary oil is a good cure for a MRSA infection.
10. Eucalyptus Oil : You can apply eucalyptus oil in combination with tea tree oil, lavender oil, rosemary oil, or oregano oil, in small quantities. This will provide a soothing relief to the boils, caused by a MRSA infection.
11. Echinacea : Apply a cream, containing 15% of Echinacea, on the MRSA infection in order to get rid of it quickly. Echinacea is a useful herb that rapidly heals the infection while cleaning out the harmful bacteria from the area.
12. Lapachol : Make lapachol tea by boiling it in a cup of water for about 10-15 minutes. Drink it at least 2-8 times a day. Lapachol is an effective herb, which helps in healing a MRSA infection.
Homeopathic Remedies for MRSA
1. Aconitum : It is generally referred to as the homeopathic “Vitamin C” and helps in healing the infection, caused by MRSA.
2. Belladona : When the skin, affected by a MRSA infection, turns bright red, this remedy is useful.
3. Pulsatilla : It is usually given to the women and children, suffering from a MSRA infection.
How to Prevent MRSA Infection?
The following preventive measures will help you to avert MRSA infection:
- Avoid coming in physical contact with the infected person.
- Don’t share towels or other objects, used by the infected person.
- Immediately bathe after working in extreme sweaty conditions as moisture develops infections.
- Carefully clean the cuts or wounds and keep them covered to avoid risk of getting an infection.